Alerts provide a way to keep users updated about events of interest.
How it works
An alert will send a recurrent email with a list of events that matched some set criteria. The user can choose the frequency they wish to receive such emails, and also specify how the events will be filtered. One email will be sent per alert.
Alerts have a frequency field, that allows the user to choose how often the notifications will be received. Possible options are: Daily, Weekly and Monthly. This also affects when the notifications will be sent:
- – Daily: 4 AM PST / 11 AM UTC
- – Weekly: Monday @ 3 AM PST / 10 AM UTC
- – Monthly: 3rd day of the month @ 2 AM PST / 9AM UTC
Only upcoming events at this time will be included in the listing.
Only events created since the last alert notification will be included in the listing.
An alert can contain either a keyword or a topic. This information is used to filter which events will be listed in the notifications of that alert.
- – Topic alerts will list events with that topic.
- – Keyword alerts will list events related with that keyword. Event properties that will be looked up to contain a keyword are: Title, description, location and topics.
Category: Uncategorized Author: Filipe Ximenes Date: October 28, 2019 5:05 pm