Editing Events in Bulk
We maintain a page where you can export, import, update and delete events in bulk. You can download a set of events from the Dashboard to a spreadsheet, edit the events on that spreadsheet, and then upload it back to PlusPlus.
As an admin, you can view the Events import/export page by navigating to Menu > Events. There, you can filter the results by event name and date/time range.
(Please note: the Events Dashboard at Menu > Dashboard > Events only allows exports and is not formatted for input. Use only the Events page at Menu > Events for this process.)
Once you have the set of events you want, click the “Export CSV” button on the upper-left. Your browser will download a report in CSV (Comma-Separated Value) format, which you may view using any spreadsheet editor.
Guide to columns:
- –ID: Unique identifier of this event in PlusPlus. If empty, we’ll create a new event. Otherwise, we’ll attempt to update the existing event corresponding to that id.
- –Event Type: Name of the event type that this event is of. It needs to exactly match the name of an existing event type.
- –Name: Mandatory field. Event name.
- –Presenters: Comma-separated list of presenters’ emails.
- –Organizer: Email of the event organizer.
- –Co-Organizer: Email of the event co-organizers.
- –Description: Event description, in text or HTML format.
- –Cover: URL to the cover image. Ideal size is 640×360.
- –Topics: Comma-separated list of Topics.
- –Date: Mandatory field. Comma-separated list of timeslots in format of m/d/yyyy h:mma, (e.g 3/16/2018 9:00am
- –Duration: Total duration of this event in decimal hours, e.g. 4.5.
- –Room: Name of the room where the event takes place. Please note: if you have the settings “Enable Google Calendar Resources for Events” or “Enable Google Calendar Resources for Coaching Sessions” activated at Menu > Settings > Calendar Integration, you can not change this field if you want to import the file.
- –Extra Info: Text field for any additional event info; this will be included in the notifications triggered by the event.
- –Location: Mandatory field. Name of the event location. It needs to exactly match the name of one of the existing locations on your system.
- –Enrollment Link: URL to the site where attendees would complete the enrollment, if applicable.
- –Enrollment Instructions: Instructions to attendees on what to do to complete the enrollment.
- –Enrollment Cap: Maximum attendees allowed. 0 means no limit.
- –Waitlist Cap: Maximum size of the Waitlist. 0 means no limit.
- –Enrollment Opens: How early users can enroll to the event. Can not be changed.
- –Private: If set to 1, this event is private. 0 means it’s public.
- -Is Online: If set to 1, this event can be attended online. 0 means it can only be attended in person.
- –Watch Link: The link to view the event online, if available.
- –DELETE: If set to 1, we’ll attempt to delete the event with this event id. 0 means to nothing.
To edit data, you first need a properly formatted CSV file. The easiest way to get such file is to do an export first (see above). You can then remove the records that you don’t care about changing.
Then, you can perform any of the operations on the spreadsheet:
Modify events: You may change the data on any of the columns except for Id. However, some of the other columns have other restrictions; see the above list for specifics.
Create new events: By leaving the Id column blank, that row will be interpreted as a new event. The only mandatory fields are Name, Date, and Location.
Delete events: If the Delete column is set to “1”, the event with that Id number will be deleted.
Importing the data is a three-step process:
- Load up the CSV filter: At Menu > Events, click “Choose File”, select the edited CSV (ensure that the file is in *.csv format), and wait for the blue bar to fill, indicating that the file is ready. Then click “Import CSV”.
- Check for any errors: At the next page, you may see a list of errors and warnings. If so, navigate back, correct the mistakes in your file, save it, and go back to Step 1. If there are no errors, you will see the message “No errors found. Proceed?”, and you may go on to Step 3.
- Proceed with the import: Click “Run Import”. If successful, you will see a message telling you how many events were created, updated, and deleted.
Notes on columns
If the event doesn’t have a Cover URL, the import process will get the image from the Event Type, if there’s one specified.
The columns Duration, Room and Extra Info must have one entry, or the same number of entries, as the Timeslot column. If they have the same number of entries, they get mapped to the corresponding session. If they have only one entry, they will be replicated to each timeslot. If any of those columns have a different number of entries an error will arise.
If you are creating a new event, specifying the Event Type will import the cover image from that type into the new event. Later changes to the Event Type will not propagate to previously-created events.
An event will be deleted if the Delete field is set to 1. The id field will represent which event to delete.
Category: Docs Author: PlusPlusAdmin Date: February 1, 2016 1:58 pm