Filters are a tool we provide your users to navigate the content on your system. At the left-hand side of each of the module tabs, there are a set of selectors that users may use to filter down the results on the page.
Each of the modules includes a default set of filters to search the content:
- Events: Location, Dates, Topics, Tags
- Catalog: Topics, Tags
- Tracks: Topics, Tags
- Program Sessions: Location, Program Name
- Mentorship: Location, Group
Additionally, as an admin, you can create up to three total customized filters, which you can apply to any of the modules you want.
Creating Flexible Filters
- As an admin, go to Menu > Settings > UI Customization > Additional Filters
- Select a Label for your filter.
- Indicate the available options for the filter in the Items field, as a comma-separated list.
- Select which modules you wish to apply this to.
Once you have created a flexible filter, users will then see the filter as an additional selector at the left-hand side of the modules you have applied it to.
Effects of Flexible Filters on Content Creation
After you have created a flexible filter and applied it to a module, your organizers will then have the option of applying selections from that filter to the content they create.
For example, if you made a flexible filter called Languages with the options English, Spanish, and French and applied it to the Events module, then the event creation page will include a field called Languages with the options English, Spanish, and French.
Of note: if you apply a flexible filter to the Mentorship module, Mentors will have a field in their profile edit page with the filter options. Mentors can edit their own profiles, and admins can edit any user’s profile.
Category: Docs Author: email@example.com Date: January 17, 2020 1:19 am