Configuring User Provisioning with OKTA and SCIM
Does your organization use OKTA to manage your HR data? This guide outlines the steps required to configure user provisioning for PlusPlus using data from OKTA and the SCIM system.
The following provisioning features are supported:
- Push New Users
- New users created through OKTA will also be created in the third party application.
- Push Profile Updates
- Updates made to the user’s profile through OKTA will be automatically updated in PlusPlus.
- Push User Deactivation
- Deactivating the user or disabling the user’s access to the application through OKTA will deactivate the user in the third party application.
- For GDPR compliance, deactivated users will be deleted from PlusPlus and will be unenrolled from all tracks, future events, and sessions.
Step-by-Step Configuration Instructions
- Go to Settings -> Integrations -> SCIM
- Turn on “Enable SCIM provisioning integration” and save the form.
- In the OKTA interface, at the application configuration screen, click the General tab.
- Copy the “Base URL” from the SCIM section in PlusPlus, and paste it to the “Base URL” field in the OKTA interface.
- In the application configuration screen in OKTA interface, click the Provisioning tab and click “Configure API Integration“
- Check “Enable API Integration“. Copy the “API Token” from SCIM section in PlusPlus, paste it to the “API Token” field in OKTA and save the form
Category: Docs Author: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: July 11, 2019 9:04 pm