You can now connect PlusPlus to your organization’s Slack team, enabling your people to receive notifications from our system (at any time they would also receive an email notification).
Every person who is both on your team and in PlusPlus receives Slack notifications. You can not turn off notifications on a per-user basis, but individual notifications may be edited or toggled off.
Turn on Slack notifications.
If you’re a PlusPlus admin, you can connect your team’s channel:
- Go to Settings > Integrations, and scroll to the “Slack” section at the bottom of the page.
- Click the “Set up Slack” button, which initially submits the app for approval by your Slack team’s admins (they will be notified within Slack).
- Once the app is approved, return to Settings > Integration, click the “Set up Slack” button again, and approve the install on the next page.
- Check the “Allows PlusPlus to send Slack notifications” box, and then click “Save Changes” to finalize the process.
Now your people will receive notices via our Slackbot – it’s that easy!
Should you want to turn off notifications for all of your people, uncheck the “Allows PlusPlus to send Slack notifications” box at Settings > Integrations.
You can toggle individual notifications, or write your own custom message.
- Go to Settings > Notification Templates, find the notification you wish to change, and click the “Edit” button.
- From there, you may check the box marked “Is Slack Active?” to toggle the message, or change the text in the “Slack Message” field.
- Click “Save” to enact your new settings.
Change your bot’s name.
By default, our bot will appear in your channel under the name “PlusPlus.” If you wish to change its name on your Slack team:
- Navigate via browser to “[your team name].slack.com/apps/manage”.
- Select “PlusPlus” from the list on installed apps.
- Scroll to the “Bot User” section, and click on the pencil icon
- Edit the bot name in the field, and click “Save Changes” to implement the new name.
Please note that this change will appear for all users on your team, not just the individual who changed the name.
Category: Docs Author: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: June 12, 2019 5:41 pm