Troubleshooting: Changing Google Calendar ownership
This is a guide to manually changing the ownership of a PlusPlus event’s Google Calendar entry after a user has been deleted.
We store events in the Google Calendar of the person who created them. When their account is de-provisioned (removed/deleted) from the PlusPlus, we lose access to their calendar listings for the events they created on PlusPlus.
As an admin, you can execute the following instructions to restore the connection of the event on PlusPlus with its Google Calendar listing, by re-assigning it to yourself.
Please note that this is a rare use case, as our current de-provisioning procedures automatically re-assign the calendar listings to the system admin. You may need to execute the following steps to re-assign old entries, however:
Steps to resolve:
- In PlusPlus: go to the details page of the event that you are having Google Calendar sync issues with .
- Click the “Gear” icon, and then “Edit Event” to access the event’s edit page.
- Scroll down to the “Location & Sessions” section.
- For each session (if your event has multiple sessions), you will see “Google Calendar Event managed by:”
- For each session, check if the manager is a deleted user.
- If so, click “(Switch to your Google Calendar)”
- Save the event by clicking the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
- You will then have the event on PlusPlus attached to your Google Calendar!
Category: Uncategorized Author: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: September 10, 2019 9:52 pm