Integrating HR Data via Workday
Does your company use Workday to manage your human resources data? You can connect this data with PlusPlus to add users to the system, categorize them into Groups, and automatically enroll them into events and tracks.
Before PlusPlus can access your Workday data, you’ll need to:
- -Create an API endpoint for us to access your data, and
- -Have us write a custom integration to categorize and enroll your team, according to rules which you specify for us.
Please note: this guide references the Workday app. PlusPlus is also able to access your HR information from other sources, such as Google Groups. Get in touch with our team, and we’ll let you know more.
Create custom Workday reports.
In Workday, you can create Custom Reports and make them available to PlusPlus. These reports can be configured to appear as an API endpoint with a Basic Authentication, ideally in JSON format. The URL we would access should look something like this:
The Custom Report can contain any data they want to provide to us to enrich what we know about their people. At a minimum, we suggest the following:
- -Employee ID
- -Hire Date
- -Manager’s email
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- -This report should return all the data for daily batch processing.
- -We want to be able to invoke this report for just one specific employee, typically based on their email address. For example:
For more detail on creating reports in Workday, refer to their docs at:
Contact PlusPlus for custom integration.
Once we have this API point available, we do the heavy lifting. Just tell us:
- -The groups you would like your people sorted into,
- -The rules that signify those groups from the HR report, and
- -Which tracks and events you would like those groups enrolled to.
Then, we’ll write a custom integration to enact those rules.
Get in touch with your Customer Success rep for more details.
Category: Docs Author: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: June 14, 2019 10:12 pm