Release Notes: November 11, 2019
Multiple locations per Event, Alerts by Topic, Outlook Calendar integration
Multiple Locations for Events
Previously, we have only supported a single location designation per event or session. This was a problem for users searching in their location: while they were able to sign up for an event or session occurring online, they would not show in the search if they were based in another location.
Our solution to this issue allows organizers to designate multiple locations when creating events or sessions. Users may then search for multiple locations at once when discovering events or sessions.
To create a multi-location event:
- As an organizer, create a new event via the “+ New Event” button on the Events tab, or via Menu > Add Event.
- At the Enrollment & Capacity section of the event creation page, check the Online box (the In Person choice is optional).
- At the Location & Sessions tab, select the event’s primary location in the Location field – your event’s time zone will be pinned to this location.
- Select the checkbox Make this event available to additional locations, which will cause the Additional Locations field to appear.
- Add any number of additional locations to the event, and click Save. Your event will appear on the Events tab if a user searches for any of the indicated locations.
To create a multi-location session (only if Programs or Mentorship modules are activated):
- As an organizer, create a new session via the “+ New Session” button on the Mentorship tab, or via Menu > + Add Session.
- At the Attendance Method section of the event creation page, check the This session can happen online box (the This session can happen in person choice is optional).
- At the Location field, select the session’s primary location in the Location field. Your session’s time zone will be pinned to this location.
- Select the checkbox Make this session available to additional locations, which will cause the Additional Locations field to appear.
Add any number of additional locations in the field, and click Save. Your session will appear on the Programs or Mentorship tabs if a user searches for any of the indicated locations.
To search by location:
- At the Events tab, find the Locations filter.
- Choose any of the locations listed on the drop-down selector. The active locations will appear above the selector, the listed results will include any event that has at least one of those locations.
- To clear locations from the filter, click on an activated location to de-activate it. Alternatively, reset all of your filters by clicking Clear all at the top of the column.
Alerts by Topic
We have had an alerts system in place to provide you with notifications when events of interest are added to your system. Previously, you were able to search by keywords contained in the title or description of events; now you can search by topic as well.
Details on how to use the new Alerts feature can be found at https://plusplus.co/docs/alert/.
Outlook Calendar Integration
We now have an integration with Outlook Calendar that operates much like our existing Google Calendar integration. When activated, events and sessions created on PlusPlus will also create an Outlook listing with the event details.
Setup instructions can be found at https://plusplus.co/docs/outlook-calendar-setup/.
Category: Release Author: email@example.com Date: November 11, 2019 9:10 pm