Release Notes: November 19, 2019
Manage your own groups via a new dashboard, disable notifications per event type.
You can now create and edit your own internal groups, which you can use to invite and enroll users to events in bulk.(Previously detailed at https://plusplus.co/release/release-notes-october-22-2019/)
Prior to this, you would only have access to these internal Groups if we wrote a custom integration to process your HR data.
To use the new features, navigate to the Groups Dashboard at Menu > Dashboard > Groups, where you can do any of the following:
Create a new group:
- At the Groups Dashboard, click the “New Group” button on the upper right.
- Choose the name of the group, its privacy setting (whether others can see this group on the Dashboard), and select its members.
- At the Groups Dashboard, use the menu controls at the top to search by any or all of the following:
- Group Type: Whether the group was created by a user, or via a custom integration.
- Owned By: Who at your organization can see the group.
- Privacy: Publicly viewable groups, the private groups you created, or both.
View, edit, and delete groups:
- At the Groups Dashboard, find the group you want with the menu options listed above, and click the three-dot icon to the right of its entry in the results.
- Choose any of the following:
- View Group: View the public-facing page for the group.
- Edit Group: Change the info of your group. Only for user-created groups you own.
- Delete: remove the group. Only for user-created groups you own.
In the next few weeks, we will add a few additional capabilities to the groups feature, including a “My Groups” summary page, exporting dashboard data to a CSV file, and the ability to transfer group ownership.
Disable notifications per Event Type
You can now turn off any of the email and Slack notifications for individual Event Types.
To manage Event Type notifications:
- Visit the Catalog tab, find the Event Type you wish to edit, and click the View Details button to access its information page.
- Click the gear icon, then Notification Settings to access the notification settings panel.
- At the notification settings page, there are three sections:
- General Notifications: Enable/Disable specific notifications. System Setting defaults to the system-wide setting at Menu > Settings > Notification Templates.
- Notifications: Govern the timing of when certain notifications are sent. System Setting defaults to the system-wide setting at Menu > Settings > Event Settings.
- Email Notification Blurbs: Specify the text that appears in enrollment confirmation and reminder emails.
Category: Release Author: email@example.com Date: November 19, 2019 10:35 pm